Cosplay Contest | GrandCon
2018 Judges: Albin Johnson | Jackie Green | John Blizzard
GrandCon Gaming Convention along with Jackie Green from 105.3 HOT FM are proud to bring you this year's Cosplay Contest! The Cosplay Contest is a craftsmanship award, with a judging session. Join us near The 501st booth in Exhibit Hall C on Saturday at 2:00pm to take part in the cosplay parade. if you wish to compete for fantastic prizes make sure to stick around afterward for the judging to see if you can win some fabulous prizes! If you don't want to participate in the parade or contest but still want to show off your great costume, please come on down to GrandCon and have a walk around. Give yourself an opportunity to shop, meet industry celebrities, and play some games.
How to Register!
To Register for the cosplay contest, please make sure to stop by the 501st booth in costume Saturday at 2:00pm. They will be leading a costume parade Saturday afternoon for all participants. The costume judging will take place shortly after the parade. Make sure to read to the rules and guidelines below.
Saturday: Participants must be present to win!
- Where: The 501st Booth Exhibit Hall C
- When: Saturday Sept 15, 2018. Parade @ 2:00PM
- Judging done at 2:30pm
- Announcing winners at 3:00PM
GrandCon Cosplay Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Contestants can only enter in one category this year, Individual. 17 and under or 18+.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume. Anyone who violates will not be allowed to attend will be asked to leave the convention area.
- No profanity allowed, which includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified.
- No political or religious statements. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person and all potential weapons must be peace bonded. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- All prop weapons must conform to the GrandCon Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- All contest entry photos must be taken at The 501st booth in Exhibit Hall C prior to Saturday at 3:00pm. THERE ARE NO ONLINE PHOTO SUBMISSIONS.
- To be judged for accuracy you must be present. Photos can be taken at The 501st booth in Exhibit Hall C. A photo is NOT required of you to be involved in the contest.
- Costumes must be self-contained. Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. GrandCon will not be able to provide assistants. See you soon, and let's have some fun!